Chicken Pakora– a crispy, delicious, and spicy snack made with chicken, gram flour, mixed herbs, and spices. They also work as an appetizer and an amazing snack for evenings, parties, and festivals.
Here is a quick recipe to make delicious, and flavorful chicken pakora.
• 1 cup Gram flour (Besan)
• 0.5 kg Chicken
• 2 tbsp Rice Flour
• 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
• Salt (as per taste)
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• 2 tbsp chili powder
• 1 tsp black pepper powder
• 1 tsp Ginger Paste
• 1 tsp Garlic paste
• 2-3 Curry Leaves
• 1 medium-sized onion
• 2-4 Green Chilies
• 2-3 cups Oil
• 1 Egg
1. Chop the chicken into small medium-sized bites.
2. First of all, we have to prepare the mixture. For that purpose, take a large-sized bowl and add all the dry ingredients including Gram Flour (Besan), Rice Flour, Turmeric Powder, Salt, Garam masala, Chili Powder, Black pepper powder, Ginger, and Garlic paste to the mixing bowl.
3. Mix everything and then taste the mixture. Add more salt if needed.
4. Chop a medium-sized onion and green chilies and then add them to the dry mixture. Also, add curry leaves. Separate the egg white from the yolk and then add the egg white to the mixture. Mix it well.
5. Begin to add water and start mixing it with a spoon. 2-3 tbsp water is enough to make a thick paste. Make sure to coat all the chicken with the mixture. The Pakora mixture should be moist. It can make your chicken pakora crunchy and crispy. Add a few teaspoons of flour to fix the moisture.
6. Pour 2-3 cups oil into a deep cooking pot (kadhai) and heat it on high Flame. Check if the temperature is suitable by sliding in a little dough mixture. The temperature is right if the mixture rises quickly without browning.
7. Slide the chicken pieces gently into the oil. Adjust the flame from medium to high. To avoid sticking, take out each piece and coat it well with pakora mixture and slide it to the oil.
8. Deep fry all the chicken pieces. After a minute or two, stir it and fry it until golden brown. Fry all the chicken bites one by one. Make sure the oil is hot enough before adding the next batch of chicken bites. Each piece takes a different time to fry. So, monitor each of them and remove them when they are done.
9. Take out the chicken pakoras and transfer them to the dish. Serve chicken pakoras hot with green chutney. Garnish them with nicely cut onion and lemon pieces.
10. For the preparation of green chutney, take a few leaves of coriander, mint leaves, garlic and ginger paste, Lemon juice, and 2-5 green chilies. Add salt (as per taste) and a few tablespoons of water. Grind them well until smooth. Put it in the serving bowl and enjoy it.
Chop the chicken into medium-sized pieces, not too small or too large. Rinse the chicken pieces with vinegar before adding them to the mixture for better results.
Rice Flour is necessary to make chicken pakoras crispy. But you can also use cornflour but it does not give the best results.
The white egg makes the chicken juicy and prevents it from turning hard and dry. But you can also use 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt as a substitute for egg white.
Water and egg help dry ingredients bind together. Do not add too much water.
Fry chicken pakora on medium flame. Frying pakoras on high flame makes them brown from the outside without cooking inside. Frying on a low flame makes pakoras hard and rubbery.
Follow all the tips to make the best chicken pakora