How to make Panzanella
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Panzenella is a Tuscan bread salad, ideal for summer which does not follow a particular recipe.
The two ingredients that do not change are tomatoes and bread. This salad is great with a chilled glass of Prosecco and lots of sunshine.
Ingredients Of Panzanella
- 1 Kg fresh juicy tomatoes, large
- 1 medium cucumber
- 100 gms small mild olives
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 100 gms sun dried tomatoes and their oil
- Handful of oregano, chopped
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp good balsamic vinegar
- A pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 loaf Italian cibatta or French baguette (torn into pieces)
How to Make Panzanella
- 1.Chop the tomatoes and cucumber roughly into 1 cm cubes, and place in a large bowl.
- 2.Stir in all the remaining ingredients except the bread, and taste for seasoning.
- 3.Add some lemon juice if you want a more tart salad.
- 4.Put the salad in the fridge and leave, covered, overnight until you are ready to eat. The flavor will melt into something magical.
- 5.Immediately before serving, tear the bread into small pieces and stir into the salad.
You can even toast the bread lightly and also add some red and yellow bell peppers to the salad. The key to this salad is that the tomatoes have to be juicy. If they aren’t, just add a few spoons of tomato juice to the salad.
fresh juicy tomatoes, cucumber, small mild olives, onion, sun dried tomatoes and their oil, oregano, parsley, garlic cloves, good balsamic vinegar, sugar, Salt and pepper, Italian cibatta or French baguette (torn into pieces)